● NO Littering! Please be sure that you pack out any gu wrappers, tissues or bottles that you use on course. Litterers will be subject to public flogging and humiliation (and disqualification).
● No poles allowed (contact RD’s if medical/extenuating circumstances)
● No alcohol allowed in Kansas parks
● Dogs allowed. Dogs must be leashed and under control at all times and you must pick up after your dog. Runners will be subject to disqualification if these rules are not adhered to. Dogs must be registered, paid for and wear a number.
● This is a cupless event. You are responsible for providing your own hydration device (see aid section).
● Course must be followed as marked. If any portion of the course is cut, runners will be disqualified. If you get off course you must backtrack and follow the proper course.
● Markings: Course will be marked using distinctive flagging/markings and will be explained in the pre race briefing.
● Road crossings: some of the races will have road crossings. Volunteers will be stationed at crossings, but runners are responsible for their own safe crossing. Please check carefully for cars and/or bikes. Parks and roads will remain open during the races, so please be polite and courteous to other trail users you may encounter.
● Personal music devices are allowed as long as headphones are used and you maintain a volume that allows you to hear other runners. We recommend either one earbud or bone conducting headphones. NO SPEAKERS. These are single track courses and passing will be tight, please be courteous to other runners and stay alert.
● Passing: Allow runners in front of you to know that you would like to pass and then pass on the left when it is safe to do so. On out and back sections, yield to the person returning to the start/finish area.
● Kids are welcome to register. Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult for the entirety of the race course.